City of Auburn Parks and Recreation
Public Relations InternDecember 2014 - Present
1.Assists with public relations duties for the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center (JDCAC) by writing weekly press releases, updating two (2) websites, and managing all content on two (2) social media pages.
2. Designs marketing materials, such as brochures, fliers, invitations and newsletters for the JDCAC.
3. Assists with four (4) JDCAC art education programs by organizing event schedules and assisting teachers with the curriculum.
4. Co-Coordinated the SummerNight Downtown Art Walk, attended by 2,500 patrons, by verbally communicating with event sponsors and the artists, drafting contracts for performers, and leading a group of ten (10) volunteers.
5. Co-Coordinated Auburn CityFest in 2015 attended by 25,000 patrons; responsible for organizing and running the children’s activities as well as leading seventy-five (75) volunteers for the event.
Public Relations InternMay 2014 - August 2014
1. Assisted with public relations duties for Metropolitan Ministries Communication Department.
2. Coordinated eight (8) luncheons to educate between 10 - 25 people on how homelessness affects Tampa Bay area.
3. Verbally communicated with media outlets on a daily basis in regards to Metropolitan Ministries’ culinary arts program and restaurant grand opening.
4. Volunteered in the kitchen and interacted with families living in the facility during my time of employment.